I nearly always have a batch of homemade granola in my pantry, its something that I normally just throw together without measuring the ingredients as I've made it so many times.
However I've had friends ask me to give them the recipe so it was about time I sat down to write this one out.
I love my peanut butter and banana chocolate smoothies in the morning ... so in continuing with this theme I thought it would be awesome to make a peanut butter and banana granola, with a few chocolate chips chucked in for good measure! This granola did not disappoint!
Recipe for Peanut Butter and Banana Granola
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBs ground flax
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 70g sliced almonds
- dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients except for the almonds and chocolate chips.
- Mix well until all of the oats is covered in the wet mixture.
- Spread the mixture out in a large baking tray and bake at 150C.
- Check the granola every 10 minutes and give it a good stir otherwise it will form clumps. Bake until golden brown and crispy.
- Let cool completely. Add the almonds and chocolate chips (if using) and mix.
- Serve over coconut yoghurt or with your favourite non-dairy milk.