This has to be one of the quickest and easiest slices I know. Its adaptable too as the original recipe called for honey and chocolate chips, however I have used maple syrup and omitted the chocolate chips for straight-up cocoa powder to lessen the sugar amount of this slice. You can add nuts and omit the cranberries for raisins or any other chopped dried fruit.
Recipe for No-Bake Chocolate Slice:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or other sweetener)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or other dried fruit, cherries, raisins etc)
- 2 cups uncooked oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt the peanut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup in a small pot on the stove on a very low heat. It mustn't boil!
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Press into a square or rectangular dish, lined with greaseproof paper. Sprinkle with coconut if desired.
- Let set in the fridge for an hour or 2.
- When firm, slice into squares, and store in fridge.