If you are looking for a quick and unbelievably delicious treat thats gluten and sugar free (and of course dairy-free!), then this is your recipe for the week! Its full of protein too and if you like chocolate and mint then what are you waiting for!? You can omit the protein powder (or replace it with coconut or almond flour) but I find that it helps to bind the bliss balls and this new protein powder from Ceres Organics is really good, no nasty after-taste!
Mint Choc Bliss Balls
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (plus another 1/2 cup for rolling in)
- 1 cup dates, soaked in hot water for 10 mins, and well drained
- 1 tsp peppermint essence
- 1TBs cocoa powder
- 1TBs protein powder (or almond or coconut flour)
- In your food processor, combine the nuts, cocoa powder and peppermint essence. Until finely processed.
- Then add the dates and protein powder. Blitz until nearly smooth.
- Then add the coconut flakes and pulse until combined.
- Roll into small balls and toss in coconut. If you are finding the mixture too sticky to roll, wet your hands with water. Or pop the mixture into the fridge to help firm up but only for 15 mins or so!
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour or 3 (if you can wait that long!)
- Store in fridge.