Its June already, crazy right?! Where has the year gone?
One thing that I do look forward to at this time of year is the abundance of citrus fruit. Lemons are starting to fruit on the trees in people's back yards and its time to get going with some delicious lemony baking, or un-baking in the case of these raw lemon bliss balls I rustled up this morning.
Truth be told, I was going to make a lemon loaf smothered in icing sugar but I decided on a slightly healthier version of a lemon loaf, using cashew nuts and keeping it gluten free and raw.
I can assure you that they don't disappoint and are totally guilt free too, woohoo!
Raw Lemon and Coconut Balls
- 6 dates
- 2-3 TBs maple syrup (will need less if using a sweetened protein powder)
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup desiccated coconut + more for rolling in
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1TBs lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 scoop of vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 tsp lemon essence (optional for more lemony flavour)
- Add the dates, nuts, maple syrup, coconut oil and lemon juice into food processor and blend until nearly smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until it forms a dough ball.
- Roll out small balls and then toss in coconut.
- Pop into a sealed container in the fridge and allow to set for a couple of hours.