I felt like making something sweet and I also wanted to use up some of my bags of nuts - bliss balls it is then! Usually I make these with dates, nuts and cacao for a nice chocolatey treat, however I felt like something berry flavoured. But summer is officially over and so is strawberry season ... however thanks to Fresh As, freeze dried strawberries are going to make these bliss balls berry berry nice! (Just call me Strawberry Shortcake ;)
Recipe for Lemony Strawberry Bliss Balls
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 TBs coconut oil (or water if you're out, which I was, and it worked fine)
- 1TBs maple syrup/agave/coconut nectar
- 1 TBs lemon juice or lemon essence
- 1/2 cup freeze dried strawberries
- 1 tsp freeze dried strawberry powder (plus more for dusting)
Blitz all ingredients except the strawberries in a food processor. Once the mixture forms a dough-like consistency, add the strawberries in and just pulse until combined.
Roll into balls and dip into a small bowl of the powder, swirl it around until coated. Refrigerate and enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, try making some Raw Apricot Bars