This quick and easy meal is a total winner, its protein packed and requires little prep. You just have to slice your kūmara in half, bake in the oven then top with chipotle spiced beans. Oh and we totally cheated and used a can of chipotle sauce that is pre-made as its just a favourite of ours, and has just the right amount of kick! We love the La Morena chipotle sauce which is available in most supermarkets in the 'Mexican food' section. Use black beans or red kidney beans, whichever you have sitting in the pantry. You can add a bit of extra colour and veggies with a simple side salad and sliced avos. And if you are a coriander fan sprinkle some on too!
- 1-2 orange kūmara, washed then sliced in half
- 1 x 200g can of Chipotle Sauce
- 1 x 400g can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 120g bag of mixed baby leaf lettuce
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges to serve
- handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil or baking paper.
- Place the sliced kūmara flat side down on the tray. Place in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes.
- In a small pot, add the rinsed and drained beans and add in the can of chipotle sauce. Heat on low for 5-10 minutes until heated through.
- Slice the tomato and avo and plate up your serving plates with salad.
- Once the kūmara is soft and golden, add to your serving plate.
- Top with the spicy beans and serve with a sprinkle of coriander and lime wedges.