Mr Kai Box is a huge muffin fan, he loves a big fat muffin with his coffee in the morning. Since its Father's day on Sunday our kids are having a Fathers day breakfast at school on Friday, so I thought I would whip up a batch (or two) so that their daddy will have something yummy to munch on with his coffee!
So I made a batch of these Cinnamon and Date muffins this morning. Its a dead easy recipe, the only slightly time consuming thing that you have to do is soak your dates overnight (or 4 hours or so should do). But other than that, these are a doddle. These muffins are also refined sugar free, as I used molasses and maple syrup instead to sweeten.
Recipe for Cinnamon and Date Muffins:
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups wholewheat flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 TBs melted coconut oil
- Soak the dates in the boiling water, vanilla essence and baking soda overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Add the maple syrup and molasses to the dates and mix well.
- Add the flour, cinnamon and coconut oil and stir until combined.
- Scoop the muffin mixture into muffin liners and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes (less time for smaller muffins)
- Remove and allow to cool before eating!