Ok people, I have to apologise, I feel bad that I didn't post this at the beginning of Junk-Free June as these are the cookies that would have got you through the month with no cheating!
They are sugar free as they have been sweetened with dates and banana and you can omit the chocolate chips (as they do have sugar in) but you could replace choc chips with cranberries, raisins or nuts to be completely sugar free. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
GF Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
- 1 cup dates, (soaked for 10 minutes in hot water and then drained)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 TBs peanut butter
- 3/4 cup oat flour (you can make this yourself with rolled oats in your high speed blender)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Optional add-ins: dried fruit, dairy-free chocolate chips, flaxseed, seeds, nuts
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In your food processor, blitz the dates until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter and banana and blitz until creamy.
- Then add the oats and oat flour, pulse until a dough ball forms. You may need to add more oat flour/oats if mixture seems too sticky (all depends on how well you drained your dates and how big your banana is!)
- Then stir in your add-in, chocolate chips etc.
- If you have the time, let sit in the fridge for 10 min to firm up, otherwise mixture can be sticky when rolling.
- Roll into balls and slightly flatten between hands, then place on lined baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 15-18mins.
- Allow to cool before serving, if you can wait that long!