You may have already tried Sunfed Chicken-free chicken, or seen it at the shop and not been too sure what to make with it. Well we have always been fans of Nandos, we do love spice and their plant-based options, and luckily their sauces are vegan and available at most supermarkets.
So we made a quick, easy and tasty bowl of the Chicken-free chicken, with yellow rice, charred corn and salad. The Nandos peri-peri sauce really brings it all together.
- 1 pack of Sunfed Chicken-free chicken
- 2 TBs oil
- 1 cup of rice, rinsed
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 veggie stock cube + 2 cups of water
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 120g bag of mixed salad leaves
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 bottle of Nandos peri-peri sauce (they come in a variety of flavours, choose one according to your heat preference)
- In a small pot, add 2 cups of boiling water and dissolve in the veg stock. Stir in the turmeric and red pepper flakes and add the rice. Partially cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until water has cooked away. Remove from heat and allow to steam.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the Sunfed Chicken and season with salt and pepper. Stir and fry and break up the pieces whilst frying. Add in the sauce (about 1/4 cup) once the chicken has gone crispy.
- In a cast iron pan, add a tablespoon of oil and add in the corn. Turn heat to high and fry until corn is slightly charred.
- Then prepare your bowls/plates with your salad leaves and tomato wedges. Add in a scoop of rice and the Sunfed Chicken, topped with a drizzle of more sauce.
PS, this is not a sponsored post, we just love these guys!