Breakfast is served! Nuttola, is a grain-free granola that is packed with nuts and seeds. It takes 15-20 mins to make and is totally delicious as a breakfast served with your favourite dairy-free milk or yoghurt, with fresh fruit. Not only is this a high protein brekkie, you can also grab a handful to munch on as a healthy snack. Feel free to add in some dried cranberries or chopped apricots for some sweetness!
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup coconut threads (or dessicated)
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 TBs chia seeds
- 1 TBs sunflower seeds
- 1 TBs pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp stevia or 1 TBs maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 TBs almond or peanut butter
- fruit and coconut yoghurt or non-dairy milk to serve
* This batch makes 6-7 servings
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Add nuts and seeds to a food processor. Pulse until nuts are chopped but not too fine.
- In a small bowl mix the nut butter together with the vanilla extract, sweetener, cinnamon and 1-2 tablespoons of water. Pour liquid over the nuts and pulse once to combine.
- Spread mixture out onto a non-stick or lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from oven once golden brown and allow to cool completely.
- Serve a heaped half cup of Nuttola with fruit, coconut yoghurt or non-dairy milk.