These sweet pumpkin fritters are a real treat, dusted with cinnamon sugar and made with either butternut or pumpkin. The kids will love these, and they won't realise they are getting a serving of veggies! They make a hearty addition to your afternoon tea, and are perfect for winter.
- 550g diced pumpkin or butternut
- 1 TBs ground flax mixed with 3 TBs water (flax egg)
- 120g flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 TBs baking powder
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- oil to fry
- cinnamon sugar to dust
- Boil the diced pumpkin in a small pot until tender, drain away any water.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the cooked pumpkin until smooth.
- Add in the flax egg and stir to combine.
- Stir in the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry dollops of the mixture on medium heat, flip to cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and dust with cinnamon sugar. Serve warm.