Turmeric lattés and matcha lattés are all the rage nowadays. Warming, sweet and spicy, and with many added health benefits than your regular cup of joe.
Turmeric contains the chemical curcumin which is said to decrease swelling (inflammation) in the body. Because of this, turmeric may be beneficial for treating conditions that involve inflammation, such as arthritis, IBS, skin conditions and high cholesterol, to name but a few...
Recently, my newsfeed has been awash with all the talk on tumeric, 'golden milk' drinks, so I knew it was time to try it out! I used dry ingredients as most people have these spices on hand, (I don't always have fresh turmeric or ginger root but if you do, use them!).
Here is my recipe for a cup of spicy Tumeric Chai Latté, I'm sure you will love it!
Turmeric Chai Latté
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (plus more for sprinkling on top)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tsps maple syrup (depending on your taste)
- Warm your almond milk on the stove in a small pot but don't let it boil.
- While the milk heats, add your spice ingredients to a blender.
- Once the milk has been heated, add it to the blender and whizz it up for 30 seconds.
- Pour into a mug and sprinkle cinnamon on top. Enjoy!