Feta is something that can really make a salad pop, and it's something that you may have missed since going plant-based. There are dairy-free versions available to buy but often only found in speciality shops. So this is a vegan version that is easy to make at home and only takes a few ingredients. All you need is a block of tofu and a few pantry staples! And don't worry, it is safe to eat 'uncooked' tofu, as tofu has been cooked twice anyway in the process of making it!
- 1 block of tofu, pressed and cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBs Italian Herbs or oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- Make the tofu feta the night before serving. Wrap the tofu in paper towels or a clean kitchen towel and place something heavy on top. Leave for 5-10 minutes, then cube.
- Mix the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Italian Herbs/oregano and salt. Add tofu cubes to a sealable container and pour over the marinade mix. Seal and chill until ready to use.
Serve over your salads or in sandwiches.